Thursday, September 12, 2013

Behind The Scenes With Pat Dolan


Happy Thursday Steel Fans!! Today we are giving you another inside look into the organization. Before the players and coaching staff left for the fall classic we were able to sit down with our new equipment manager, Pat Dolan. Check out the interview below!




What is your primary role with the Chicago Steel?

Equipment Manager


What made you pick this career path?

I played hockey since I was 7, and then went to school for a degree in sports marketing. After school I worked for the NCAA in a retail hockey setting, and it was something that I wanted to continue.


What is your favorite part about working for the Steel?

My favorite part is working with the young guys and getting them what they need to be successful on the ice.


What is a typical game day like for you?

The long hours and laundry.


What would you say is the hardest part about your job?

Making sure everything is organized and where it needs to be, especially when you have 23 players and the coaching staff to look after.


What are you looking forward to most this season?

This is my first season as an equipment managers so I’m looking forward to learning more about the position and being able to get everyone what they need.


What is your typical day like at the Steel for you?



I get to the rink around 7:30am for a team workout. Then I start laundry until the players get here. Once players start showing up I get everyone set-up for practice. After practice I do more laundry and any repairs that need to be done. 


We hope you learned a little bit about what our equipment manager, Pat Dolan, does here at the Steel. Come back next week as we talk to Nick DeSalvo!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment