Thursday, May 29, 2014

Catching Up With #12

Happy Thursday Steel Fans!! We hope that you are having a great week and enjoying all of the amazing weather outside.

Next Thursday will make it 2 months since the season ended. Even thought tryouts are right around the corner, many of you might be wondering what the players have been up to since they went back home.

Today we were able to talk to forward, Brendon Kearney, and find out what he has been up to since he headed back to Michigan. Check it out!!

Photo By: MJB Images
What have you been doing since the season ended?

Since the season has been over I’ve just been spending some time with friends and family as well as working out to stay in shape.


Do you have any big plans for the summer? What are they?

I’ve got a few big plans for the summer, after try-out camp in Chicago I head out to Buffalo where I’ll be a camp counselor for a Selects Hockey camp. Then in July my family and some friends are taking a vacation to Costa Rica for a week, and then finally a few friends and I are going to a 3-day country concert.


What are you looking forward to most this summer?

What I’m looking forward to most this summer is spending some much-needed time with friends and family. It gets tough at times during the season not being able to see everyone so I can’t wait to catch up with everyone.


Are you doing any preparation for next season? If so, how.

As far as preparation for next season I’ll be in the gym working out a couple days a week trying to get bigger and stronger, as well as on the ice working on things such as my stride and shot. I also spend time at home shooting pucks as well.


What’s been your favorite thing you’ve done since the end of the season?

My favorite thing since the season has ended has been going to some different ballparks with friends, I went to Wrigley before I left Chicago and have just been trying to get to as many different parks as I can.


What is your normal day like now that you're not at the rink everyday?


My normal day since the season has ended has typically been workouts and on ice in the morning then just relaxing for the rest of the day, maybe hangout by the pool in the afternoon and then usually spend some time with family or friends at night.

Photo By: MJB Images

Well Steel Fans we hope you enjoyed finding out what Brendon Kearney has been up to! We hope that your summer is as fun-filled as his is! 

Have a great weekend everyone!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment