Monday, January 7, 2013

Some Things Can't Be Changed

Happy Monday Steel Fans!! It's a known fact that athletes have different superstitions when it comes to getting ready for a game. For example, if your team is on a winning streak, the team might not wash their jerseys or they might not shave until their winning streak is over. Other rituals might include wearing the same outfit every game, listening to the same songs, or even eating the same food before a game. Hockey players are no different, they have rituals that they have to do before they hit the ice. Our players are just like any other athlete. They have a special routine that they do prior to the game. With that being said this week we asked the players:  

What is your pre-game routine?

Tim Davison #16
"Put on my left equipment first"


Chris Dodero #25
"Get to the rink early, tape sticks, warm-up, stretch, get dressed"


Thomas Ebbing #10
"I tape my stick every game and listen to my i-Pod while warming up"


Daniel Fetzer #26
"I take a nap"



Christian Heil #11
"Eat and then stretch"


Jeff Kubiak #18
"I usually do the same exact warm-up, including stretches, and I start getting dressed at the same time every game. Also I retape every stick."


Brian LeBlanc #14
"Eat Subway, bike, and then stretch"


Mackenzie MacEachern #19
"Eat Subway and then ride the bike"

Dan McNamara #27
"Two touch with the boys"


Chris Nell #31
"A nice stretch and juggling"


Christian Neumann #4
"Always put my right side on before my left. I also try and eat some chicken parmesan on game day"


Charlie O'Connor #21
"Eat an apple about an hour before the game"


Sam Piazza #6
"Nap, eat chicken/pasta, warm-up, and listen to rock music"


Ray Pigozzi #23
"I take a little walk before we head to the rink, then I go for a little run to get the legs going. After that I just do a simple stretch and then it's time to get in the zone."


Patrick Polino #17
"Nothing"


Alex Roos #28
"I usually tape up all my sticks, then stretch, and get prepared to play."


Tobias Ruelykke #2
"Nothing"


Alex Sakellaropoulous #1
"Just stretch and talk in the room"


Jaccob Slavin #7
"Nothing specific"


Landon Smith #12
"I like to stick handle and stretch before games"


Joseph Widmar #8
"Relax"


Johnny Wingels #5
"Drink coffee and play soccer"


Have a great day Steel Fans!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment